Traditional Polish cuisine went through countless changes over the centuries, taking elements from the culinary traditions of many variou ethnic groups that lived here in the past, especially Jews, Ukrainians, Russians and Lithuanians.
Typical meals might contain lots of meat but are truely palatable!
Our private guide will take you to a restaurant that specialises in Polish cuisine, where you will meet friendly people and taste delicious food. During the aperitif you will receive a shot of traditional Polish vodka, and each participant will taste a typical Polish cold vodka snack – a herring bite. After that, we will move on to a warm-up, you will be served with „barszcz z uszkami” – beetroot soup with small dumplings and „zurek z kielbasa i jajkiem” – sour sup with egg and sausage. After the soup the time will come for the main dish: „schabowy z kapusta” – a pork breaded cutlet with cabbage and potatoes, and some „pierogi” – dumplings served with 3 different traditional fillings – „ruskie” (with potatoes and cottage cheese), meat and cabbage with mushrooms. We will finish the menu with a typical Polish dessert – „racuchy z jablkami” – pancakes with apples. No need to worry, portions will be small, just the right amount for tasting.
If you agree with our opinion that the best way to learn about the country is through its cuisine – do not hesitate to book this service. It will not only provide you with the best Polish dishes, but aso let you hear about its history and origin.
- Meeting with your private guide at chosen time at your hotel or in the centre of Warsaw
- A short introduction to the Polish cuisine
- Up to 1 hour of exclusive tasting of the Polish cuisine, which includes a shot of vodka, an appetizer, 2 soups, 2 main dishes and a dessert – all explained and supplemented with stories and anecdotes.
- End of the event – you can stay longer on your own, or our guide will walk you back to your hotel or meeting point
The entire activity lasts approximately 1.5 hours
Our offer of this activity includes:
- service of a private English speaking guide
- up to 1 hour of ultimate Polish cuisine tasting with explanations, stories and anecdotes
- a shot of traditonal Polish vodka with a herring bite
- various typical Polish dishes: „barszcz z uszkami” – beetroot soup with small dumplings,
„zurek z kielbasa i jajkiem – sour soup with egg and sausage, „schabowy z kapusta” – a pork breaded cutlet with cabbage and potatoes, „pierogi” – dumplings served with 3 different traditional fillings – „ruskie” (with potatoes and cottage cheese), meat and cabbage with mushrooms and „racuchy z jablkami” – pancakes with apples
- 630 PLN per person (1 person)
- 370 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 280 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 240 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 220 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 200 PLN per person (7 persons)
- 190 PLN per person (8 persons)
- 180 PLN per person (9-10 persons)
- 170 PLN per person (11-15 persons)
- 160 PLN per person (16-19 persons)
- Contact us (20 persons or more)
- For participants under the age of 18 we can skip the vodka shot
- For vegetarians we can skip the meat elements, but the price will remain the same
- No vegan variants available